A fascinating place where the history of the world-famous canal belt comes to life through an interactive exhibition. Located on the picturesque Herengracht, this museum is a must-visit for anyone interested in the unique history and development of the Amsterdam canals, which have been on the UNESCO World Heritage List since 2010.
What Can You Expect?
- Interactive Exhibition: Experience the 400-year-old history of the canal belt through models, animations, and 3D wall projections. The approximately 40-minute tour takes you on a journey through time.
- Dollhouse Exhibition: A special attraction is the dollhouse where the rooms come to life, giving visitors a unique glimpse into the historic life along the canals.
- Architectural Splendor: The museum, housed in a beautifully restored canal house, is itself a stunning example of Amsterdam canal house architecture.
- Beautiful Garden: In addition to stylish rooms, the museum also provides access to a magnificent garden, an oasis of tranquility in the city.
- Educational Tours and Multimedia Experiences: Enhance your knowledge with educational tours and enjoy multimedia presentations that offer a unique insight into life along the canals throughout the centuries.
An Enriching Experience
Visit the Grachtenhuis Museum (Canal Museum) to discover the enchanting world of Amsterdam canals and experience how these special urban waters have evolved over the centuries and been recognized as UNESCO World Heritage.Book -6% tickets online
For informationHerengracht 386, Amsterdam
web. More information