Torture Museum - Attraction
A unique and sometimes shocking look at the history of punishment and torture methods through the ages. This museum provides an unfiltered view of the dark sides of human history.
What to Expect at the Torture Museum?
- Educational Exhibits: The museum offers an educational experience that sheds light on historical punishment practices and the development of the legal system.
- Authentic Torture Tools: View authentic torture tools and reproductions, ranging from the Guillotine to the Iron Maiden, and learn about the gruesome functions they served.
- Historical Context: Each exhibit is accompanied by extensive information about the historical context, usage, and purpose of the displayed torture tools.
- Unique Sights: Some unique and striking pieces at the Torture Museum include:
- The Spanish Inquisition chair, covered in sharp nails.
- The Pillory, a symbol of public humiliation.
- The Stretching Rack, infamous for its painful torture technique.
- The Executioner's Masks, providing a glimpse into the mysterious figures behind the executions.
An Eye-Opening Experience
Whether you're interested in history, law, or simply seeking a unique experience, the Torture Museum in Amsterdam is sure to intrigue and inform you.Book tickets online
For informationSingel 449, Amsterdam
web. More information