Central Staion Amsterdam
Amsterdam Central Station is the real heart of the city: central not only by the name, but also as the biggest public transport transfer spot. Every day 250,000 people go through the Amsterdam Central Station (Dutch: Amsterdam Centraal or shortly: CS).
Stops of almost all train, tram, metro and bus lines can be found here, as well the free city ferry lines to Amsterdam North (Amsterdam Noord). It is also here, that a main Amsterdam Tourist Office is based, as well as departure quays for the tourist boats cruising around the city canals.
Trains from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
A Direct Rail Link connects from Schiphol International Airport to Amsterdam Central Station and is the fastest and most convenient way to get to the city center and/or vice versa!
- You find the train timetable here.
- Train journey from Schiphol Airport to Amsterdam Central Station takes ±17 minutes.
- Ticket price is ±€9,50 one way.
- Train tickets can be bought at yellow vending machines, at the box office or online here.
Hotels near Amsterdam Central Station
There are several hotels based in front of the Amsterdam Central Station and in its direct vicinity. You do not need any mean of transportation to get there – all you need is roll your luggage to the hotel lobby.
Good nearby budget hotels:
- Ibis Amsterdam Centre - closest nearby hotel, established on the Station Island
- A-Train Hotel
- Multatuli Hotel
- Ibis Styles Amsterdam Central Station
Nearby five are star hotels:
Amsterdam Central Station services
Various facilities have been realized to provide the traveler with the best possible service:
- Information desks at the various entrances for travel advice and questions.
- Dozens of ticket machines for train tickets to other stations in the Netherlands. International train tickets are sold at the Service Center.
- Luggage lockers are open daily 24 hours, 7 days a week. A cheaper alternative luggage storage is at 5 minutes walking distance from the station building.
- Lost luggage desk is directly at the lockers vault.
- Extensive shopping center with various shops, different cafes, fast food restaurants, supermarket and a money exchange office.
- Large bicycle parking, bicycle repair and bicycle rental places.
- Big underground car park facilities are in the direct vicinity of the station.
- Opposite the main entrance of Amsterdam Central Station, in a traditional wooden white Dutch coffee house, is located the main shop of the Tourist Office, nemed I Amsterdam Visitor Centre.
- Left of the Tourist Office, in the same building, is located the public transport GVB information en ticket office.