VOC Ship Amsterdam - Attraction
The VOC Ship offers a unique opportunity to experience an important piece of Dutch history up close. This meticulously recreated replica of the 'Amsterdam', an 18th-century East Indiaman, is a vivid reminder of the time when the Netherlands was a major naval power.
What Can You Expect?
- Historical Replica: Explore an authentic replica of the VOC (Dutch East India Company) ship named 'Amsterdam', which ran aground on its first voyage to the East Indies in 1749. This ship provides a realistic view of life on board during the Golden Age.
- Interactive Experience: On board the ship, you can enjoy various interactive experiences. Step into the captain's cabin, fire a cannon, or relax in a sailor's hammock.
- Dive into Maritime History: Discover what life was like for the crew and passengers during long sea voyages, and learn about the trade activities and challenges of the VOC.
- Educational Exhibitions: The ship is equipped with exhibitions that provide insight into the historical context of the VOC and its impact on global trade and the Dutch economy.
- Fascinating Details: Admire the craftsmanship with which the replica was built and the attention to historical details, from the sails to the interior.
A Must-See for History and Maritime Enthusiasts
The VOC Ship at the Maritime Museum is a must-visit for anyone interested in maritime history and the Golden Age of the Netherlands. It offers a unique perspective on life and adventures at sea during one of the most significant periods in Dutch history.
- Tickets: Access to the VOC Ship is included in the admission ticket to the Maritime Museum.
Visit the VOC Ship and step back in time to the era of the Dutch Golden Age. Experience history up close and gain a unique understanding of life at sea during the heyday of the VOC.
Discover the maritime past of the Netherlands aboard the legendary VOC Ship in Amsterdam!Book tickets online
For informationOosterdok 117, Amsterdam
web. More information